Visual Workplace is a method of using visual aids such as signs, labels, colored tape and paint to sustain continuous improvement. The old adage, “a picture is worth a thousand words,” is the foundation principle of the Visual Work Place. When resources and tools are visible, productivity and profitability increases.
Business Building Blocks
By creating organized and orderly processes, safety improves, and efficiencies of output are realized. We train you to:
- Use instant communication systems to relay when processes and systems are within boundaries
- Sustain improvements made during continuous improvement initiatives such as a 5S
- Create an environment that instantly communicates where things go and where they can be found
- Improve worker safety, limiting liability and improving workflow
- Improved improve work area cleanliness and organization to facilitate the elimination of wasteful practices
- Conserve manpower by eliminating worker wandering for tools and work
- Improve overall facility productivity
- Improve the quality of your businesses’ output
Creating a visual workplace and developing visual tools is the key to locking in and sustaining improvement. Continuous improvement increases efficiencies of work, and improves output. With Visual Workplace, improvements stay in place, because they can be seen, remembered, and engaged.
A well-designed system produces consistent and repeatable results. The visual workplace “talks” to employees visually communicating to them how to work within the “the system.” The signs, labels, painted lines, etc., communicate to workers how work, resulting in fewer errors, improved quality and easier training. Best of all, improvements are sustained with visual controls and not lost due to the demands of day-to-day work. All of these factors help to increase profitability through eliminating confusion, and conserving manpower through directed work systems.
Implement Visual Workplace any time after completing Lean 101 to add to your Lean toolbox, and increase tactical execution excellence. Further increase your improved operating ability with additional courses designed to add deeper functionality and increased cost savings. Call for additional details, or to set up a training for your business.